Just back from CSCMP 2011: The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals' annual event. Adrian Gonzalez of Adelante SCM Corporation organized a fantastic Young Professionals' panel focused on social media. Contrary to the title, the room (standing room only) was filled with young and old professionals, novices and experts from all experience demographics. I provided an opening perspective, slides appended, and then the panel was off and running.
- Adrian Gonzalez (Moderator), President, Adelante SCM Corporation
- Michael D'Angelo, Rail Operations Analyst, Vehicle Logistics, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
- Terri Griffith, Professor of Management, Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University
- Tricia A. Mims, Senior Analyst, Global Supply Chain Security, The Home Depot
- Tom Nightingale, Vice President Communications and Chief Marketing Officer, Con-way Inc.
- Christine Selvaggio, Director of Marketing, Trendset Information Systems
Bob Ferrari has provided an excellent summary of the session on his Supply Chain Matters blog. My contribution was to propose a broad perspective on social media in supply chain. I used Liana Evans' list of topics to move us away from the heavy hitters and onto more purpose-built social media tools like Rypple, Hyve, and SmartSheet. Would love to see a discussion here, or on Supply Chain Matters, about how your organizations are using social media in broad-based, internally-focused, ways.http://www.slideshare.net/terrigriffith/texting-tweeting-and-friending-t...