Colleagues and Friends,
Please join us as the Leavey School of Business hosts the California Higher Education Innovation Council forum on University Strategy in a Digital World: Leading, Lagging, Emerging, Diversifying.
This forum examines the complex but powerful relationships between university strategy and digital utilization, interrogating the issue from two different perspectives. University leaders will reflect on digitization within their institutional strategies, and digitization experts will focus on the issues of digitization that apply specifically to higher education.
February 9, 2017 | 3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Lucas Hall, Forbes Family Conference Room
Leavey School of Business
Santa Clara University 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
Registration: There is no cost to attend, but advance registration is required. Please RSVP by clicking to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agenda & Presenters
3:30-4:30 Welcome & First Panel
David Hoverman, Managing Director, Parthenon-EY, Ernst & Young LL
Fundamental issues and opportunities facing universities in a rapidly digitizing world
- Moderator: Ryan Craig, Managing Director, University Ventures
- Glenn Engler, Managing Director, Parthenon-EY, Ernst & Young LLP
- Lou Pugliese, Senior Innovation Fellow, Managing Director-Action Lab, ASU EdPlus; Chair, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Online Learning ROI Analysis Project
- Susan Metros, Educational Technology Consultant and former Associate Vice Provost and Deputy Chief Information Officer for Technology-Enhanced Learning and Associate Dean at USC
- Phil Komarny, Chief Digital Officer, University of Texas
- Gordon Freedman, President, National Laboratory for Education Transformation
4:45-6:00 University strategies in pursuit of distinction: differing emphases on digitization among different kinds of institutions
- Moderator: Robert Lytle, Managing Director, Co-head Education, Parthenon-EY, Ernst & Young LLP
- Maria Klawe, President, Harvey Mudd College
- Terri L. Griffith, Associate Dean, Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University
- Leslie E. Wong, President, San Francisco State University
- David Fike, President, Golden Gate University
- Donald Heller, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, University of San Francisco
6:00-7:00 Reception & Idea Exchange
Background: The California Higher Education Innovation Council (CHEIC) was organized in order to harness local interest and enthusiasm for innovation in higher education. Led by a steering committee of leaders drawn from local public and private colleges and universities, and individuals involved in the sector, the CHEIC is a member-driven professional networking forum for academic and industry leaders to exchange ideas, build partnerships and improve learning. Our mission is to ensure that California remains at the forefront of pioneering approaches to contemporary education challenges. We bring together thought leaders from industry, higher education and the nonprofit community to promote education innovation and drive economic growth across California.
Directions & Parking
The following link will generate directions to Santa Clara University, enter your starting point and it will take care of the rest:
Please park in the North Campus Garage. Parking permits can be purchased for $5 (cash/credit accepted) at one of the pay stations located on the first and second floor of the garage- be prepared to enter your license plate number at the pay station. The permit received upon payment will need to be displayed on the dash of your car.
The following link provides a map, noting the location of the North Campus Garage and Lucas Hall:
In compliance with ADA/504 please direct your accommodation requests to email@example.com.